Pat Welsh is an author, speaker, trainer, and expert witness. A retired Major from the Dayton Police Department (OH), Pat is the author of the Best New Release, Warrior, Servant, Leader: Life Behind the Badge (2015), Warrior, Servant, Leader: Life Behind the Cross (2018) and co-author of the Best Seller, Healing Happens (2014). Pat is also noted for his past contributions to Law Enforcement Today, PoliceOne.com, American Military University and several other business and religious publications.
Pat’s accomplishments include:
- BS in Criminal Justice (1979) and Juris Doctorate (1982)
- Former prosecutor, including City Prosecutor, Special Prosecutor and Assistant County Prosecutor
- A distinguished 26-year career with the Dayton PD. He gradually rose through the ranks, from patrol (Officer, Sgt. and Lt.), through Narcotics and Central Investigations (Commander) and Major (Superintendent) of West Patrol Operations.
- Served with the Colorado Springs PD as a Civilian Criminal Investigator on a newly formed Human Trafficking Unit (2014-2017)
- Graduated of the FBI National Academy, #240; the Police Executive Leadership College (OH) and the United States Secret Service Dignitary Protection Seminar; member IACP.
- Keynote speaker and trainer on such topics as Courtroom Survival, Community Initiative to Reduce Gun Violence, and developing a Warrior, Servant, Leader Mindset.
- Retained and consulted as an expert witness in multiple state/federal courts on law enforcement civil cases centered around allegations of violations of Title 42 USC Section 1983.
In this episode
[01:40] Welcome to Episode 34!
[02:20] Pat defines the Warrior, Servant, Leader mindset.
[06:04] Pat's mission which ties into the Warrior, Servant, Leader mindset.
[08:48] How culture is created. Repeated behaviors become habits and habits become culture.
[11:54] The difference between a Warrior mentality and a Guardian mentality.
[17:40] Pat's unique story and path to law enforcement and his current business.
[22:12] Pat's books and his Warrior, Servant, Leader training.
[26:56] Business Brief: How to Handle Inconvenient Inspiration
[28:50] Nobody's perfect.
[33:04] LEO to CEO: being your own boss and a community of support.
[40:47] The biggest challenge facing law enforcement right now.
[45:40] How you can connect with Pat Welsh.