We also share some valuable resources you can tap into today to start preparing for or dialing in your post-LEO business. Mark's willingness to share his stories of struggle and perseverance shows that cops definitely have the resiliency and know-how to succeed in business.
Get all the links, resources and show notes at https://leo2ceo.com/copreneur-path/053
Mark Warren is the Executive Vice President and Co-owner of Strategos International and began his 27-year law enforcement career in the U.S. Army Military Police Corps.
He has experience as an undercover operative, a tactical team member, and an instructor. He has been involved in the planning, implementation, and execution of hundreds of high-risk arrests, and spent five years with a large multi-agency task force working as an undercover operative and team leader. Warren was the Firearms/Use-of-Force Program Manager for his department prior to retiring.
Mr. Warren is currently a Retired Sergeant for a local agency and was the 2000 Missouri P.O.S.T. Part-time Instructor of the Year.
Mark volunteers as a security member for his church and also provides security for several mission groups in countries such as Haiti, Lebanon, Costa Rica, Honduras, and other areas several times a year.
Since starting Strategos International in 2002, they have trained over 160,000 people in 15 countries.
- [00:49] Welcome to Episode 53!
- [01:32] Mark shares his unique journey into copreneurship.
- [03:40] Mark never envisioned himself as a business owner.
- [05:17] Mistakes on the business management side of things have presented some painful learning opportunities.
- [07:31] Mark shares the story of their first embezzlement.
- [09:37] Embezzlement strikes again! Have your checks and balances in place.
- [11:23] Resiliency and putting processes in place have helped Mark and his company continue to grow.
- [12:43] Honesty is definitely the best policy.
- [14:05] Trust but verify.
- [19:47] Business Brief 20: Avoid Selling Features – Sell Opportunity Instead
- [21:58] It is one thing to be good at what you do, but it is the backside where you might end up in trouble.
- [23:19] The challenges pushed Strategos into new areas and success.
- [27:45] Plan your business and build processes that make it easy to hand off or sell.
- [28:53] Implementing the Profit First system has been a game-changer for Mark and Adam both.
- [35:33] How to connect with Mark Warren and Strategos International.